Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Off the Record: Lambs Lying with Lions

As the saying goes, "When lamb and lion lie down together, joy and wonder never cease." While listening to the radio this evening, I was struck by the sense that lambs and lions are indeed beginning to do just that.

I've always been a fan of Marketplace, which airs on my NPR station weeknights at 6:30. However, I haven't tuned in for a while. Imagine my surprise when I listened in tonight and the left-leaning economics-for-idiots show produced by American Public Media announced it's latest supporter: Monsanto.

To my ears, that was the most interesting part of the broadcast, that is until Kai Ryssdal introduced the story about the bill awaiting a Senate vote that would give the FDA authority to regulate tobacco. This bill, which already passed in the House, is supported by Phillip Morris. Listen to Sarah Gardner's report here:


Off the record: lambs and lions may indeed be lying down together, but I'm not exactly sure these unions will create either joy or wonder.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment