Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day

Off the Record: My kid's had so many snow days this year, I'm beginning to wonder if we should just start homeschooling!

While there's nothing like sharing a cozy day at home with loved ones, there's also something to be said for a writer having her space and quiet time.  A lot of work happens between the ears, and that's more challenging with more people in the house.

My solution: put the wee ones to work!  (Okay, my "wee one" is a teenager who's chomping at the bit to earn money.) Today, she has updated my paper files, and is now transcribing an interview for me.  Both tasks are essential to keeping the writer productive. Yet I have shoved both tasks onto the back burner for far too long.
Keeping my files updated helps me keep my life in order.
The interview transcript will be the primary component in a chapter of the non-fiction book proposal I'm developing.  

The subject of the book?  That's a secret, but I will divulge that the interviewee was the legendary folk singer Pete Seeger.  He is one of many generous individuals who support my book idea.  We had a great phone conversation several months ago, and I'm excited to read the transcript and then put it to good use!

Back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment