Friday, February 19, 2010

Creative Non-Fiction

As I write this, two monkeys dangle overhead, peeling bananas and trying to feed me.
Okay, full disclosure, these are not actual monkeys; they are my kids, four-year-old twins who have just discovered how to peel bananas.  Since their revelation, the monkeys (er... children) have attacked every banana in the house.  Normally, I’d join in the ecstasy of the discovery; right now, I kind of wish the jungle would disappear.  I’m on a deadline, and this kind of craziness can make concentration challenging, to say the least.

Off the record:  I don't have twins, but this image came to me this morning, and I thought it would be fun to write about.  Why am I calling it creative NON-fiction?  I am writing, and feeling so distracted, I could almost believe there are two monkeys dangling overhead.  Maybe a better genre title for this would be, "Metaphorical Non-Fiction".   hmm... 

No comments:

Post a Comment